Tarcil's eBooks!

Tarcil's eBooks on Amazon!
Tarcil's first eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition.
Tarcil's second eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition 2.
Tarcil's third eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Tarcil & Penny.
Tarcil's final eBook is now available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition 3.
Thanks for your support! Enjoy!! :)

Monday, December 28, 2020

Christmas Tree (RIP Tarmund)

I've learned over the years to not try to plan on doing any home projects during Christmas Break because it's such a short break and my husband needs the time to rest and relax.  So I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised when on Christmas day, we spent a couple hours working in the office doing some rearranging and reorganizing, specifically with our desk area.  We are both so happy with the changes we made!  

We still have our Christmas decorations up, but they'll be put away sometime this week.  I had to have the hams pose with one of my favorite ornaments on our Christmas tree.  We have a few of these little white bears on various different red objects.  This one is on a sled.  I think Laurelin is sad that she doesn't fit on the tiny sled.  😁



On Christmas day, I found Tarmund curled up in his nest, never to wake up again.  I think he had passed away the day before in his sleep.  It's been weird working in the office and not hearing him up throughout the day.  He had a little fire in him, and I never quite got comfortable taking him out of his bin without a glove on because he was pretty territorial.  But once he was out of his bin, he was such a sweetheart!  He loved to explore and didn't fear anything, including the cats.  He will always hold a special place in my heart as my first dwarf ham.  If I did my math right, I think he was about 1 year and 7 months old.  I believe he was born in an accidental litter and my cousin took in both him and what was supposed to be his brother in June of 2019.  Unfortunately it was actually his sister and two more accidental litters happened.  😬  So then in August, I took him in to help out my cousin.  I didn't think I'd fall in love with something so small and yet so stubborn.  Haha!  I really miss that little guy!  ❤  I am including some really old pictures that I never posted of him.  I can't believe how black he used to be!






With Tarmund gone, I've decided to separate Fili and Kili so they will each have their own bin on my shelves in the office.  There are two main reasons for this.  First, despite the fact that they do get along fine, I know that they would be happier with their own spaces and frankly, there is always a risk when housing two dwarfs together that they will suddenly not get along and could even fight to the death.  Second, if I don't separate them and therefore have an open bin on my shelves, I know I'll be tempted to get a new hamster.  😁  Fili and Kili are young and I expect to have them both for a while longer.   Laurelin is over 2 years old and I really want to focus on the time I have left with her, and therefore I don't want to take in a new hamster now.  So I'll get some final pictures of the boys together today and then they will be on their own.  😊  Oh and the added bonus to separating Fili and Kili is that I'll figure out who is who and mark it on their bins so I won't be left guessing anymore.  😂




No comments:

Post a Comment