Tarcil's eBooks!

Tarcil's eBooks on Amazon!
Tarcil's first eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition.
Tarcil's second eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition 2.
Tarcil's third eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Tarcil & Penny.
Tarcil's final eBook is now available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition 3.
Thanks for your support! Enjoy!! :)

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Happy Gotcha Days to Fili, Kili, and Haleth!

It's hard to believe that I'm celebrating 2 years with Fili and Kili!  I got these munchkins on March 24, 2020.  I brought them home from the Fort Wayne Animal Care and Control right before the pandemic really hit our area and the first stay at home orders started.  They were the perfect buddies for me during what turned into a much longer time at home than what was anticipated.  A year later, on March 17, 2021, I brought home Haleth also from the ACC.  I really appreciate that there are plenty of good options near me for adopting hamsters such as the ACC here in Fort Wayne, the Pipsqueakery in Bloomington, or even getting connected to people who've had accidental litters so I can have hamsters without going to pet stores which supports hamster mills with horrible living conditions.  That said, I do think it would be awesome if eventually I could buy a hamster from a reputable breeder such as Strongbrew Hamstery who focuses on hamster genetics and breeding better, healthier lines.

Fili doesn't really show any signs of aging, which is quite impressive since he is likely over 25 months old.  He gets really excited when he sees me because he wants treats.  However he always seems so grumpy if I reach in and give him pets instead of food.  Hahaha!






Part of the reason I am posting these a week early is because Kili probably doesn't have much longer left.  I'm spoiling him with so many yummy treats to encourage him to eat.  He still gets around and is my most active ham during the day, but he has been sleeping more and more, so I know the end is near.  I don't intend to get him out for any more photo shoots, but I'll keep you posted on him.  💓








Haleth has always been the most timid hamster I've ever owned, which is a shame because she is such a cute model!  Anyways, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but at some point I discovered that Haleth is not at all afraid of our cats.  😒  There have been so many times when I've heard banging coming from the office and I'll go in and see the cats sitting in front of Haleth's bin watching her loudly rearranging her home as one does.  But as soon as Haleth becomes aware that I'm there watching too, she darts for cover.  I've even caught them all sniffing noses through the mesh.  😂  Anyways, I am glad that Haleth is happy and healthy even if she likes that cats more than me, and I certainly hope I have her for at least another year.  It would be so fun to celebrate a second "Gotcha Day" with her.








It was at this point that I realized that Haleth was putting SO much food in her cheeks that the hat would be hard to get off, so we took a break so I could take it off and then let her continue stuffing her face.  😂



Haleth wanted to check out Mr. Owl as he was the only guest invited to her party.  

No comments:

Post a Comment