Tarcil's eBooks!

Tarcil's eBooks on Amazon!
Tarcil's first eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition.
Tarcil's second eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition 2.
Tarcil's third eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Tarcil & Penny.
Tarcil's final eBook is now available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition 3.
Thanks for your support! Enjoy!! :)

Friday, June 28, 2024

RIP Glorfindel

 My sweet Glorfindel passed away on Monday.  I could tell his age was catching up to him this past month as he was sleeping more and not being as active.  I got Glorfindel in October 2022.  I adopted him from The Pipsqueakery which is a rescue and sanctuary for small animals located in Bloomington.  He came from a large hamster intake (I believe it was about 100 hamsters) from a pet store that accidentally bred hamsters and quickly got in over their heads.  So they surrendered the hamsters to The Pipsqueakery and the large intake was suitably named the "Panic at the Pet Store" hamsters.  You may remember that Olórin, who passed away earlier this year, was likely also from this same group of hamsters, but I only had him for about a 1/3 of his life as he was already about a year old when I adopted him.  

Anyways, what's pretty awesome is that The Pipsqueakery neutered all the boys, and I believe they spayed the females, although since many were pregnant or nursing babies, I think they had to wait a bit.  I will admit that I had hoped that since Glorfindel was neutered, that he would outlive the average lifespan and make it well past 2 years old.  But he was about 1 year and 9 months old, which sadly is still considered elderly for hamsters.  

I remember when I first saw Glorfindel, he was in a bin with like 10 other identical looking little boys.  They were all just these small, little puffballs running around which initially felt so overwhelming to me to try to pick the perfect one from the bunch.  It took me a bit, but eventually I noticed this one which seemed a bit more calm than the others, so I chose him.  I absolutely loved watching Glorfindel grow up.  He was always such a sweet boy and so good at modeling for me.  I wish I had done Halloween costumes with him, but I did dress him up for some other occasions.  I miss this guy, but glad I could love and spoil him for so much of his life.  ❤

You can learn more and donate to The Pipsqueakery by going to https://www.thepipsqueakery.org/.


















No comments:

Post a Comment