Tarcil's eBooks!

Tarcil's eBooks on Amazon!
Tarcil's first eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition.
Tarcil's second eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition 2.
Tarcil's third eBook is available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Tarcil & Penny.
Tarcil's final eBook is now available to purchase by going to: Tales of Tarcil: Costume Edition 3.
Thanks for your support! Enjoy!! :)

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Orchids

I would say that my history with plants has been a bit odd.  I never really thought of myself as a plant person until very recently.  For a while, I actually didn't like plants that much because I killed so many of them that they felt like a waste of money.  I realize now that the dark, cave-like house we were renting was a big factor as to why so many of my plants died, especially all those poor succulents and cacti.  😢  About 5 years ago, when Joe and I bought our house (which has lots of bright, beautiful light), I also bought a dying orchid from Lowes for half off.  Much to my surprise, the orchid grew a new stem and bloomed.  My success with this orchid (which I understood to be a very difficult plant to keep alive) gave me the confidence to buy more orchids and other plants.  I learned about propagation and gave it a try on some random plants I had received 7 to 8 years ago from various family memorial services.  These plants had been the only ones that survived the cave we were living in and quickly began to thrive at our new house with more light.  My success with propagation only fueled my interest to learn more about plants.

In May, my friends and I quite unintentionally found ourselves at Honey Plant.  The short version of that story is that we were participating in the Fort Wayne Treasure Hunt and were hungry and decided to eat at Big Eyed Fish, but Joe and I forgot to grab masks and as we were discussing what to do, we were standing in front of Honey Plant and saw a sign on their door that said free masks available, so we went in.  We walked out with masks and new plants.  Ever since then, my love for plants seems to have taken a turn more towards obsession.  I'm still pretty new to truly understanding how to properly care for plants, but my plants are thriving, and they brighten up my life.  For the record, we still have WAY fewer plants than we do board games.  😅

6 out of my 8 orchids are currently blooming, so I had to capture some of their beauty!  Fili really wasn't interested in participating in this little set up.  He didn't even want his treat.  But at least he sat still for some pictures.  😊



I can always count on Kili to eat basically every treat offered to him.  He is such a cute ham.  😍



Haleth tends to freeze up whenever I set her down.  She did stretch herself far enough to reach her treat, stuff it in her cheek, and then she sat and stared at me.  She's so stickin cute!!  😊




 

No comments:

Post a Comment